Monday 28 March 2011

Is it worth it?


Is it just me, or do most people sometimes resent their boats? For me it's not hours I spend fixing and tinkering but hours my husband Kit spends and I therefore spend looking after the kids on my own. And, (I confess) at the end of the winter I was beginning to wonder if it's worth it. Last weekend I was reminded of 'what it's all about' during our first trip of the season. We had a great friend Jonah Gouin (our son Jonah's namesake) visiting from the US. Kit, Jonah and I have had some great sailing adventures together in a previous life, filming and researching whales and dolphins in some incredible places around the world. Life is a little different now, for us not so exotic and for none of us so carefree but at least we can still get out on the water all together and have some adventures - and that is priceless and yes, I think it is worth it. (Someone please remind me next winter)!

2 comments:

  1. Just a short note to say how much I've enjoyed reading your posts. It's several years since I last saw you and Kit in Ft Lauderdale. I'm hoping to get over to England in 2012 with my sailing partner. Say Hi! to Kit

    Roman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roman, we were just talking about you last night and Kit's first ocean trip - the storm, crossing the Atlantic a 17, it was obviously a great experience. Would love to see you when you are over and show you around Calypso. I resolve to be a better blogger - thanks for your comment - it's really good to know you are enjoying the blogs.
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete